This CIBTAC Beauty Therapy course is ideal for those who wish to have professional training in Beauty Therapy, leading to four Internationally recognised Diplomas. The CIBTAC qualification was established many years ago, and is recognised and accepted as a prestigious award of competence in the industry.
The course covers three main areas:
AESTHETICS - Manicure (regular painting techniques, French manicure, hand massage and warm oil / paraffin wax nourishing treatments), pedicure (including foot scrub and foot massage), facial massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction, waxing (hot bees wax and strip methods), eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping, application of false eyelashes and professional make-up from basic through to bridal, electrical facial treatments (micro-current - non-surgical lift, vacuum suction, galvanic, deep cleansing, muscle toning, slimming treatments, Faradic E.M.S. ('Slendertone') G5 massage, infra-red).
BODY THERAPY - Swedish body massage, figure analysis, electrical facial and body treatments (micro-current - non-surgical lift, vacuum suction, galvanic, deep cleansing, muscle toning, slimming treatments, Faradic E.M.S. ('Slendertone') G5 massage, infra-red).
GENERIC STUDIES - To support these practical subjects, you will also learn anatomy and physiology of the whole body, client counselling, record-keeping, contra-indication to therapies, individual customisation of treatments, retail sales, chemistry and cosmetic science, theory of cosmetic surgery, diet and nutrition and basic first aid.
WE ARE GIVING YOU MORE!
OUR EXTRAS - In addition to this standard curriculum, we also incorporate training in
- Spray Tanning - airbrushing technique (Body Therapy)
- Indian Head Massage - fully recognised qualification through International Institute of Health and Holistic Therapies (Body Therapy)
- BABOR® Collagen face treatments (Aesthetics)
- BABOR® Stone Therapy (Body Therapy)
- BABOR® Sliming and Firming Body Wraps (Body Therapy)
The course provides high quality training in virtually all the beauty and treatments required for working in a modern salon, spa or health club environment as a 'Beauty Therapist'.
The CIBTAC qualification can lead naturally on to the CIDESCO qualification. If you achieve a high enough result in the CIBTAC examinations, you may choose to do a further four months' study to achieve the CIDESCO qualification. Please ask for details.
INCLUDED IN YOUR FEES:
• Two uniforms (two white tunic tops, two pairs of white salon trousers, one tabard and a cardigan)
• Waxing kit for home practice
• Manicure and pedicure kit for home practice and class use
• Set of brand new towels for class use
• Lever-arch folder with course notes
• Set of text books from a recommended reading list
• Use of modern salon equipment and accessories for class use
• Use of a vast range of top brand make-up & skincare products for class use
NOT INCLUDED (BUT REQUIRED):
• A set of professional make-up brushes
• Instant brush cleaner
• A pair of white salon shoes
• Stationary items such as pens, note paper, folders for presenting your work etc.
An informal face-to-face interview is required to discuss the course in detail. A telephone interview may be arranged for overseas students who cannot travel to the UK for a face-to-face interview.