CIDESCO (Comité International D’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie)
CIBTAC (Confederation of International Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology)
This is the ultimate diploma course in the Beauty Therapy industry. The CIDESCO most prestigous international qualification is highly regarded worldwide and would put you among the elite within the profession and enhance your career prospects.
The first twenty-six weeks (approx. seven months) of the course covers all the regular treatments required to work in the beauty industry, and more:
AESTHETICS - Manicure (regular painting techniques, French manicure, hand massage and warm oil / paraffin wax nourishing treatments), pedicure (including foot scrub and foot massage), facial massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction, waxing (hot bees wax and strip methods), eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping, application of false eyelashes and professional make-up from basic through to bridal, electrical facial treatments (micro-current - non-surgical lift, vacuum suction, galvanic, deep cleansing, muscle toning, slimming treatments, Faradic E.M.S. ('Slendertone') G5 massage, infra-red).
BODY THERAPY - Swedish body massage, figure analysis, electrical facial and body treatments (micro-current - non-surgical lift, vacuum suction, galvanic, deep cleansing, muscle toning, slimming treatments, Faradic E.M.S. ('Slendertone') G5 massage, infra-red).
GENERIC STUDIES - To support these practical subjects, you will also learn anatomy and physiology of the whole body, client counselling, record-keeping, contra-indication to therapies, individual customisation of treatments, retail sales, chemistry and cosmetic science, theory of cosmetic surgery, diet and nutrition and basic first aid.
WE ARE GIVING YOU MORE!
OUR EXTRAS - In addition to this standard curriculum, we also incorporate training in
- Spray Tanning - airbrushing technique (Body Therapy)
- Indian Head Massage - fully recognised qualification through International Institute of Health and Holistic Therapies (Body Therapy)
- BABOR® Collagen face treatments (Aesthetics)
- BABOR® Stone Therapy (Body Therapy)
- BABOR® Sliming and Firming Body Wraps (Body Therapy)
Before progressing to the second stage of the course, students sit the CIBTAC examinations as the curriculum up to this point is virtually the same as for CIDESCO. These give a good indication of progress and offer the students an insight into how the CIDESCO exams will be at the end of the course.
The following nineteen weeks (approx. four months) include a range of new practical subjects such as:
AROMATHERAPY - an in-depth study into the extraction, distillation and blending of thirty essential oils from plants, plus relevant massage movements.
REFLEXOLOGY - you will be introduced to the five energy concepts and meridians of Chinese medicine, the underlining history and philosophy of Reflexology, reflex areas in the foot and their connection to the body’s systems, pressure-point massage and the contra-indications.
There is an intensive period of revision of all subjects in preparation for the CIDESCO exams. You will also be required to write a 4000 word thesis about your chosen treatment and present it at the exam.
The formal teaching for CIDESCO takes place over eleven months after which you are required to have 600 hours of salon experience before receiving the CIDESCO Diploma. These hours can be achieved during your first job in any professional salon or spa in the world, provided you have the right to work in that country. Upon successful graduation from the school, you will hold a certificate of examination from CIDESCO, two Diplomas from CIBTAC (Aesthetic Treatments, Body Therapy), a Diploma in Indian Head Massage (IIHHT), Diplomas in Reflexology and Aromatherapy (IIHHT) and certificates from BABOR®.
Included in Your Fees:
• Two uniforms (two white tunic tops, two pairs of white salon trousers, one tabard and a cardigan)
• Waxing kit for home practice
• Manicure and pedicure kit for home practice and class use
• Full starter kit of essential oils specialy selected to meet the need of the course
• Set of brand new towels for class use
• Lever-arch folder with course notes
• Set of text books from a recommended reading list
• Use of modern salon equipment and accessories for class use
• Use of a vast range of top brand make-up & skincare products for class use
Not Included (But Required):
• A set of professional make-up brushes
• Instant brush cleaner
• A pair of white salon shoes
• Stationary items such as pens, note paper, folders for presenting your work etc.