It aims to teach skills that with practice, after the finish of the course, are needed to gain employment within the fashion, TV, and Film industry.
International Make-up Association IMA Diploma in Dressing Hair
This five day intensive course aims to teach make-up artists, hairdressers and beauty therapists how to dress hair to a basic creative level.
Syllabus for the International Session Artist Diploma:
• Hygiene and Safety
• Basic Hair Chemistry
• Equipment use and description
• Product training
• Plaits - Three Strand and Fish Tail
• Basic Blow Drying techniques
• Advanced Blow Drying to create root lift and curl
• Roller set and Root movement theory
• Pin curl and Rag sets
• Tonging / electrical curling, 4 different methods
• Hair finishing and texturisation
• The Perfect Pony Tail
• Twisting and pinning hair
• Preparation for putting hair up
• Dressing long hair - Chignon, French Pleat, Classic bun
• Back combing/brushing
• Types of hair pin and correct use
• Finger Waves
• Wig use and care
• Hair pieces and extensions.
• Course notes provided in a folder
• All products and equipment are supplied for class use
• The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions. There is no upper age limit.
In order to pass the qualification each student must have attended 100% of the teaching time. Attendance records will be checked by an External Examiner and those students who have not met the required attendance will not be eligible to receive the Diploma.
Photographic work must be included in your portfolio showing all the Variations you have achieved. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots are required to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.