Nothing to do in the evenings? Want to gain a new, exciting skill?
This course will give you basic skills for special occasion and bridal make-up, and is the foundation before moving on to creative and photographic make-up courses.
During the course you will learn about:
• Skin analysis - learn how to distinguish difefrent skin types and conditions, and how to cleanse and prepare them accordingly
• Hygiene - keep your products safe and long-lasting - very important for your client's peace of mind
• Face shapes - learn how to recognise each shape
• Eyebrow shaping - tame those unruly brows using the tweezing method
• Colour correcting - balance extremes of skin hues to produce a healthy, even tone
• Tools of the trade - find out how to build a kit and how to look after your equipment and products
• Use of Concealers - hide blemishes and uneven colouring to achieve a more 'perfect' appearance
• Product Awareness - discover which products work best, which work well together and which don't
• Application of eye make-up - smoky eyes, party eyes, natural eyes, heavy 60's sockets - many different styles covered
• Application of eye-liners - liquid and pencil application
• Application & choosing of foundation - create a perfect base by selecting the correct shade and type of foundation and apply it professionally!
• Application of false eyelashes - strip and individual
• Client consultation techniques - learn how to discover and meet your client's needs
You will require a set of professional make-up brushes to use in class and for essential home practice. The qualification is awarded once you have achieved the required number of 'positive' assessments and submitted the required pieces of written work.
After the second week, it will be necessary to bring along a friend/colleague/family member to work on as your model. You will need to do this for each of the remaining seven weeks.
* No previous experience required
* A vast range of top-brand make-up for class use provided
* Course notes provided