Working in pairs, students will learn to perfect the techniques of Swedish Body Massage in a supervised classroom environment. You will learn to use three different massage lubricants: the widely-used oils, plus the traditional talc and more unusual cream. Movements covered include effleurage, petrissage, vibration, friction and tapotement, and you will learn how to massage the whole body. You will learn the benefits and contra-indications of Swedish Body Massage, client care and record keeping.
In order to gain the qualification you will be required to successfully complete a number of practical assessments, which must be performed on paying clients (not fellow students) in our own student salon. It is possible to complete all your practical assessment during the course (depending on your abilities and success), however any remaining assessments can be completed later in the school's student salon. There are also three written papers, a short project, and a portfolio of evidence to compile.
The course also includes training in Indian Head Massage, for which a separate Diploma is obtainable by completing further practical assessments, a project and a short written paper.
The Swedish Body Massage technique is a pre-requisite before gaining a licence to work as a Beauty Therapist or Massage Therapist and before moving on to Aromatherapy or Remedial Massage (sports therapy) and is therefore a very useful skill to have in the beauty industry.
INCLUDED IN YOUR FEES:
• One uniform (one white tunic top and one pair of white trousers)
• Set of brand new towels for class use (four medium and one small). This is to make you feel comfortable and to maintain hygiene standards.
• Ring-binder folder with course notes (you may ask for the notes in advance to assisit you in your studies)
• Body Massage text book
• Use of modern salon equipment and accessories for class use
• All products are supplied for class use
• Each student is provided with a locker, and will be expected to change into their uniform once they have arrived at the school
NOT INCLUDED (BUT REQUIRED):
• A pair of white salon shoes
• Stationary items such as pens, note paper, folders for presenting your work etc.