Hair removal is a very profitable service to offer your clients, so this course is a must for those who want to learn practical and commercial skills for a business environment or a busy home salon. Personal grooming is still a massive growth industry, especially in the men's sector, and the demand for hair removal is huge. Another aspect of this area is hair lightening whereby the hairs are 'bleached' to make them less noticeable - a good option for those who can't bear the discomfort of waxing.
This course offers training in professional waxing and other depliation skills, leading to an industry recognised qualification. Initially, students practice on each other in the classroom before progressing to the student salon where you will perform proper treatments for our clients. In this way, you will build your confidence and skills gradually, and gain extremely valuable 'real life experience' on real clients before you even leave school. Once you enter the industry, you'll be all set to go.
As an added bonus, we will also teach you how to apply cosmetic tan / fake tan / self-tan (call it what you want!) to a professional standard. This will include exfoliation using a body scrub and the application of various types of cosmetic tanning products. The tanning part of this course is very useful to compliment the waxing days (and to give those hairs a chance to grow back!) and will give you another valuable skill for your beauty career.
This course includes:
* Techniques for hair removal from all areas of the body and face
* Three different methods: hot bees wax, cream wax and warm organic wax
* Use of chemical depilatory products
* Training in cosmetic / self tanning
* Hair lightening using a safe bleaching process
* Studying the structure of the hair and how hair grows
* Post-treatment care techniques
* Contra-indications to treatments
* Client consultation / counselling techniques
INCLUDED IN YOUR FEES:
• One uniform (one white tunic top, a pair of white salon trousers and a tabard)
• Waxing kit for home practice - it is very important to practice at home as well as in your lessons.
• Set of brand new towels for class use
• Ring-binder folder with course notes
• Use of modern salon equipment and accessories for class use
NOT INCLUDED (BUT REQUIRED):
• A pair of white salon shoes
• Stationary items such as pens, note paper, folders for presenting your work etc.