This is an innovative programme of study in data warehousing and data mining, designed to enable competitive advantage through business intelligence, and drawing from the School's research excellence in the area.
This is one of the first MSc programmes in the UK covering these leading-edge technologies. This programme provides students with deeper knowledge, advanced skills and understanding to allow them to contribute to the development and design of distributed/internet-enabled decision support application software systems, using appropriate technologies, architectures and techniques (e.g. data warehousing, data mining, distributed data management and technologies and architectures and appropriate middleware and infrastructures supporting application layers).
Additionally, the programme enables students to understand and assess the security and legal implications of e-commerce applications and provides students with appropriate knowledge of business and commerce relevant to transacting business on the internet.
The courses take a software engineering approach to the construction of applications and focus on modern software engineering methods, tools and techniques that enable an integrated lifecycle software development view.
* Project and Dissertation – including a course in Research Methods
* Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
* Distributed Data Management Technology
* Distributed Data Architecture and Management
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases
* Web Engineering
* E-Business Applications
* Software Tools and Techniques
* Enterprise Web Engineering *
* Software Engineering Management
* Enterprise Software Engineering Development
* Network Technologies and Design
* Network Management *
* Network Security
* Computer Security and Risk Management
* Operating System and Application Server Technology
* Mobile Application Development *
* Negotiable option; pre-requisite knowledge required.