Speak directly and without obligation to
University of Glasgow
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Educational Studies (MEd) - At the institution - Glasgow - Scotland
This programme gives teachers and other professionals in the education service a fuller awareness of your work and its place in the world of scholarship and research. It also equips you for work in the classroom, school management, local authority and administration, and specialist areas of the educational system such as psychological services.
Entry requirements Normally a first degree (or equivalent) and professional teacher training in education or a related profession, eg social work, nursery nursing, clinical nursing. (Recognition is also given for professional experience with extra weighting given to experience in a promoted post.)
Educational Studies (MEd)
* Theory of educational research
* Methods of educational research
* Modern educational thought
* Seminar on contemporary issues.
Plus four options (may be subject to change):
* Evolving concepts of special educational needs: towards inclusion
* The learner and the curriculum
* Working together
* Managing support for learning
* The more able pupil
* Learning support primary/post primary
* Social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
* Developing reading
* Social class education and equal opportunities
* Managing policy
* Leadership in effective learning and teaching
* Science education
* Arts and education (in partnership with Glasgow School of Art)
* New media (in partnership with Glasgow School of Art)
* Language learning and applications to the classroom
* Descriptions of language and applications to the classroom
* Which English? language teaching and socio-linguistics
* Language proficiency, assessment and feedback.