Estonian, the national language of Estonia, a country situated on the other side of the Gulf of Finland in the Baltic Sea, is closely related to Finnish. Both languages belong to the Finno-Ugric group of Uralic languages. Like Finnish, Estonian employs the Latin alphabet.
The Estonians have very close links to the Nordic countries as well as Canada and the United States, to which many Estonians emigrated to during World War II. Estonia gained its independence from USSR in 1991 and became a member of the European Union in 2004. Thanks to its university specialising in IT , Tallinn, the capital of Estonia has become an important centre for information technology.
Whether you are learning Estonian for business, leisure or academic purpose, at LSI we will ensure that your Estonian language course is a successful and enjoyable experience:
1. Your current level of Estonian and training requirements will be carefully assessed.
2. Our Estonian tutors, who are all highly-qualified, have many years of experience in teaching Estonian at all levels.
3. Your course will be tailor-made to meet your specific training needs, ensuring that it is relevant, practical, effective and fun.
4. Your Estonian course materials will consist of a combination of relevant up-to-date materials such as books, authentic documents, audio and video recordings.
5. You will be provided with regular reports at the end of each course module.
Corporate In-company Language Training
Our 30 years of experience in providing business language training allows us to meet the particular needs of our clients from all sectors such as charities, financial services, insurance, import export, law, management consultancies, manufacturing industries, market research, oil and gas, building and property development or relocation.
Intensive Language Training
Intensive courses are ideal for people who wish to have a kick start or a refresher course prior to an important business meeting, examinations or a holiday.
Remember that an intensive course needs to be consolidated by regular practise in order to maintain the knowledge you have acquired over a short period of time.
We organise weekly Estonian evening classes in central London for beginners. Beginners group classes cover general topics for those with no prior knowledge of the language such as: greetings and introductions, buying tickets, eating out, shopping, asking for personal information etc. The maximum number of students is 10 per class.
Upcoming Evening Classes in London
Upcoming Evening Classes in Cambridge
Types of Courses
Language Courses Abroad