Make meeting arrangements
Prepare documentation for meetings
Record and produce minutes of meeting
Organise business travel
Organise business itinerary for domestic and overseas travel
Make travel arrangements
Arrange credit facilities
* Plan project administration
* Coordinate project administration
* Finalise and review project administration
Coordinate business resources
* Determine resource requirements
* Acquire and allocate resources
* Monitor and report on resource usage
Implement and monitor sustainable work practices
Investigate current practices in relation to resource usage
Set targets for improvements
Implement performance improvement strategies
Implement workplace information systems
Identify and source information needs
Collect, analyse and report information
Implement information systems
Prepare for information system changes
Develop and use complex spreadsheets
Prepare to develop spreadsheet
Develop a linked spreadsheet solution
Automate and standardise spreadsheet operation
Represent numerical data in graphic form
Write complex documents
Prepare final text
Communicate effectively (telephone and face to face)
Building self confidence
Personal qualities to develop
Telephone skills, gaining information and closing calls.
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career as a executive secretary or personal assistant (PA)
* Learn the inside secrets of how to become a executive secretary or PA pro in months not years!
* Study a executive secretary course that was designed in conjunction with leading industry leaders
* Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
An executive secretary or personal assistant is an integral part of a management team, and we find that many of our graduates move into management roles in the years after they leave the institute.
Your training will prepare you for roles in small or large organizations in all industry sectors. It is the variety of opportunity and wealth of available positions that makes these programs so popular. Areas where recent graduates have been employed include:
* Advertising, marketing and public relations
* Banking and finance
* Fashion and retail
* Finance and insurance
* Travel, hotels and leisure
* Sporting organisations
* Medical Centres
* Real Estate
This extensive training course will equip you with the skills and qualifications to gain employment in a variety of positions including:
* Personal Assistant
* Executive Assistant
* Executive Secretary
* Administration Assistant
* Office Manager & Bookkeeping Assistant.
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
* Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
* Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
* Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very "hands on" approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the "theory" behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled staff into ICI courses:
* Ministry of Defence,
* Navman Technologies,
* Colliers International,
* Mitsubishi Corporation,
* Pearson Education,
* Royal Mail
* Brookfield Multiplex,
* British Airways,
* Barclays Bank,
* HSBC Bank
* American Express,
* Workplace Authority,
* Centacare Employment Group,
* MAX Employment,
* Employment Directions Network,
* Calvin Klein,
* Coca-Cola Amitil,
* and many more...
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and course notes
* Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
* Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a executive secretary
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipBusES
* Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program