Finnish is one of the two official languages spoken in Finland, the second being Swedish. Finnish is the language spoken by the majority of Finns in Finland, around 92%, and by ethnic Finns outside Finland. There are Finnish speaking minorities in parts of Sweden, Norway, Estonia and Russia.
Finnish, like Estonian belongs to the Finno-Ugric language group of Uralic languages. It employs the Latin alphabet.
Finland has a highly industrialised, free market economy equal to that of other western economies such as Sweden, France or Germany. The service industry is the largest sector of the economy. However, with respect to foreign trade, the key economic sectors are the manufacture of wood and metal, electronic products, engineering and telecommunications .
Finland became a member of the European Union in 1995 and was one of the 11 countries which joined the euro monetary system in 1999.
Whether you are studying Finnish for business, academic purpose or for leisure, we will ensure that your Finnish language course is a successful and enjoyable experience.
1. Your current level of Finnish and training requirements will be carefully assessed.
2. Our Finnish tutors, who are all highly-qualified, have many years of experience in teaching Finnish at all levels.
3. Your course will be tailor-made to meet your specific training needs, ensuring that it is relevant, practical, effective and fun.
4. Your Finnish course materials will consist of a combination of relevant up-to-date materials such as books, authentic documents, audio and video recordings.
5. You will be provided with regular reports at the end of each course module.
Corporate In-company Language Training
Our 30 years of experience in providing business language training allows us to meet the particular needs of our clients from all sectors such as charities, financial services, insurance, import export, law, management consultancies, manufacturing industries, market research, oil and gas, building and property development or relocation.
Intensive Language Training
Intensive courses are ideal for people who wish to have a kick start or a refresher course prior to an important business meeting, examinations or a holiday.
Remember that an intensive course needs to be consolidated by regular practise in order to maintain the knowledge you have acquired over a short period of time.
We organise regular weekly Finnish evening classes in central London for beginners. Beginners group classes cover general topics for those with no prior knowledge of the language such as: greetings and introductions, buying tickets, eating out, shopping, asking for personal information etc. The maximum number of students is 10 per class.