Comments about Foundation in Fashion - At the institution - Barcelona - Spain
Schedule: Full time
The Foundation in Fashion is a gateway to the world of fashion for all those who want to prepare for their application to higher education programmes such as the BA (Hons) in Fashion Design and the BA (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Communication, or those who are hesitant about focusing their career on Fashion Design or Fashion Marketing and Communication.
The first semester of the programme teaches the essentials, including fundamental knowledge related to codes, languages, trends, and art history and photography. During the second semester, the student may choose between the modules on Fashion or Marketing and Communication, which address the technical or specific skills of each field, and will develop projects that put into practice the knowledge acquired.
– Provide essential knowledge and management skills in the field of fashion to apply for the following programmes: BA(Hons) in Fashion Design or BA (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Communication. With the tools acquired, the student can also apply to university degree studies at other centers.
-Enhance creativity and personal style through a dynamic, open and multidisciplinary learning environment.
– Provide an introduction to design development techniques in order to create a collection and produce a final look.
– Develop a sketchbook, illustrations, fashion flats and a portfolio.
– Present the manual and digital techniques through which to communicate the project.
– Address the techniques, strategies and tools of Fashion Marketing and Communication, as well as acquiring knowledge of project management and creative problem solving.
– Develop a Foundation Project starting from a challenge, applying the knowledge acquired.
The Foundation in Fashion fosters active learning around themes relevant to the development of personal creative practice. To achieve this, the course is based on comprehensive study materials and resources developed by IED Barcelona. Faculty members are active professionals that also form part of the teaching staff of the Undergraduate Degree in Fashion Design, the BA (Hons) in Fashion Design and the BA (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Communication.
This course is aimed at all those interested in the world of fashion, in particular the different aspects of design or communication, who wish to have a first glimpse at this constantly evolving and fascinating industry.
Upon completion, students will be awarded an IED Barcelona Foundation Certificate. The Foundation in Fashion is designed as an initial contact with the world of fashion, before deciding to study an Undergraduate or BA (Hons) Degree.
Completion of the course does not guarantee access to the BA (Hons) in Fashion Design or the BA (Hons) in Fashion Marketing and Communication; however, it offers the student an excellent practical pathway to evaluate whether they wish to channel their future career towards one of these fields.
Other programs related to Fashion