The Edexcel IGCSE in Biology enables students to:
• acquire knowledge and understanding of biological facts, concepts and principles
• develop an appreciation of the significance of biological facts, concepts and principles and
the skills needed for their use in new and changing situations
• appreciate the importance of accurate experimental work to scientific method and reporting
• form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
• sustain and develop an enjoyment of, and interest in, the study of living organisms
• evaluate, in terms of their biological knowledge and understanding, the benefits and
drawbacks of scientific and technological developments, including those related to social,
environmental and economic issues.
This completely new IGCSE course from UK Open Learning is designed to help meet the needs of those who want an introduction to this challenging subject either with a view to further study at A Level or simply to supplement a portfolio of IGCSE/GCSE subjects. This qualification will provide you with a broad introduction to the key components of this exciting and challenging field.