Speak directly and without obligation to
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Geography, Policy and Practice (New for 2009) (MSc) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
Suitable for graduates in geography, planning, science and social science.
A First or Second Class UK Honours degree in an appropriate subject, or for non-graduates, at least two years' housing experience in a position of responsibility.
For students whose first language is not English, one of the following is usually required: IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 575 (232 for computer-based).
Geography, Policy and Practice (New for 2009) (MSc)
Offers knowledge and expertise for the pursuit or development of a career in business, local government, academia, or broader civil society. It will develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of geography, policy and practice.
The course consists of a teaching programme followed by a supervised dissertation. Teaching is focused around three core modules:
* Space, Policy and Practice: Geography, the State and Civil Society
* Contemporary Debates in Human Geography
* Geographical Research in Practice
The core modules are complemented by an extensive range of options which offer the opportunity to apply these geographical insights in a range of speciality areas. The degree is informed by contemporary critical theory, and focuses on a range of scales from the domestic and local, the urban and the regional, to the national and the global.
The modules are assessed through continuous assessment (a variety of seminars, essays, project work and practical exercises) and examinations.
* Offers a unique opportunity to study human geography at postgraduate level in a context intimately connected to current policy developments and debates.
* Modules are complemented by a range of internal and external seminars hosted by the School's Research Groups and Centres.
Other programs related to geography and cartography