MSc in Health Informatics is the longest-established postgraduate course in this field in Europe. The course equips you with the cutting-edge knowledge and skills necessary for the organisation and delivery of an informatics-led health service.
Typical applicants are clinical and allied health professionals who wish to enhance their careers and computer scientists, engineers and others with relevant technical or professional qualifications who wish to move into a successful career involving the application of ICT in the health service and associated industries.
You will be part of a highly multi-professional and strongly international cohort and will also benefit from lectures given by leading experts and from the University's central location, close to many hospitals and medical centres.
Graduates of the course pursue successful careers in the health service (both state and private sectors in the UK and overseas) and in related healthcare industries and organisations; the course has a successful track record of producing more than 250 very employable graduates over the past 15 years. The MSc in Health Informatics is also excellent preparation for doctoral study in the field.
You will gain:
* knowledge and skills regarding the manner in which ICT can be employed to enhance the organisation and delivery of efficient and effective healthcare
* an ability to apply systems thinking in relation to complex problems in which ICT has the potential to enhance healthcare organisation and delivery
* skills in tackling a major project relating to issues associated with ICT in the healthcare setting.
Why study this course at City University London?
* The longest-established course of its kind in Europe, the MSc in Health Informatics has a successful track record of producing more than 250 very employable graduates over the past 15 years. In 2004, 91.3 per cent of MSc in Health Informatics graduates were employed within six months of graduation.
* You will be joining a postgraduate Health Informatics course which is the first to be accredited at Masters level by the NHS Information Authority
* You will be part of a highly multi-professional and strongly international cohort of students which will substantially enhance your learning experience
* Central location, close to many hospitals and medical centres
* Lectures given by leading expert in their fields.
* All modules in this course are supported by the University's online learning environment (CitySpace). You will be able to access lecture materials and engage in discussions with student colleagues, teaching staff and the course team.