This course is the only one of its kind in the UK and uniquely allows students to design a portfolio of modules that best meets their particular needs. It provides knowledge and skills regarding the nature, organisation and operation of healthcare processes in relation to the technologies which underpin electronically based delivery of healthcare in the NHS and in the private sector.
The course builds upon your existing technological skill base and develops it by providing a thorough understanding of the nature, organisation and operation of the processes of healthcare and its delivery through the five streams of: electronic technologies for healthcare delivery; imaging technologies; healthcare technology management; bioinformatics and healthcare computing; healthcare technologies; and a general stream.
Applicants will typically be from NHS provider organisations or individuals seeking employment in a technologically underpinned health service, with responsibilities for the operation and further development of e-health services. It is also suitable for equivalent students from a wide range of overseas countries. The course is also excellent preparation for doctoral (PhD) study.
You will gain:
* an in-depth awareness of current healthcare technologies and initiatives, and knowledge and skills regarding the manner in which HCT can be employed to enhance the organisation and delivery of efficient and effective healthcare
* skills in applying latest healthcare technologies to current health-related problems
* skills in undertaking a major project relating to issues associated with ICT and HCT in the healthcare setting.
Why study this course at City University London?
* You will be part of a highly multi-professional and strongly international cohort of students which will substantially enhance your learning experience
* Central location, close to many hospitals and medical centres
* The only course of its kind in the UK
* From a selection of more than 40 modules the MSc in Healthcare Technologies uniquely allows you to design a module portfolio that best meets your particular needs, from five streams: electronic technologies for healthcare delivery; imaging technologies; healthcare technology management; bioinformatics and healthcare computing; healthcare technologies; and a general stream.
* All modules in this course are supported by the University's online learning environment (CitySpace). You will be able to access lecture materials and engage in discussions with student colleagues, teaching staff and the course team.