Comments about Higher Education, PGCert-PGDip-MA - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
* To develop practical and evaluative skills necessary for teaching in higher education. * To facilitate learning in a range of settings and give advanced professional development. * To encourage the development of subject specific pedagogy (PGDip).
Entry Requirements Minimum of a good honours degree qualification (requirement varies depending on the chosen field to teach), and experience appropriate to the specialist area chosen to teach. PGDip: Nursing and Midwifery students must have a minimum of three years qualification experience. We are also pleased to consider nurses and midwives in the practice setting who have a specific teaching role and time allocated for carrying out this role
Higher Education, PGCert/PGDip/MA
The programmes are offered in three modes:
In-service (attending): This is for people already employed in Higher Education (HE) and needing to gain a teaching qualification that allows them to register with the Higher Education Academy/NMC. These candidates will attend the classes on Wednesdays from 9am - 3pm.
In-service (distance): This is for people already employed in HE who need to gain a teaching qualification in order to register with the Higher Education Academy as a Registered Practitioner. Participants are required to attend two compulsory study days per academic year, normally on a Saturday. They will be given materials to work through and tutors to support them.
Pre-service: This is for suitably qualified people who would like to teach in HE but are not employed in the sector. We aim to find teaching practice placement for students who cannot find a placement. Students will attend classes one day a week (normally Wednesday) and have a placement one day a week.
On completion of the PGDip the participant can go on to do a research dissertation which will give them a MA.
* Learning Theories and their Application
* Purposes of Assessment
* Learner Support and Guidance
* The Use of ICT in Assessment (PGCert)
* Teaching Strategies (PGCert)
* Curriculum Models
* Use of Technology to Facilitate Learning
* Quality Assurance
* Curriculum Development and Evaluation
* Change Theory and the Management and Implementation of Change
* Teaching and Learning in Inter-professional Settings
* Evidence-based Practice
* Policy Initiatives in an Institutional Context
To teach in Higher Education