This programme is designed for graduates who have very good undergraduate degrees in computing, and who wish to advance their knowledge and research skills. They include a thorough grounding in research methods, together with experience of developing a research proposal and conducting a research project. They prepare students for research positions in universities and industrial laboratories.
* Research methods & techniques
* Research readings in cs
* Advanced research readings in cs
* Professional skills & issues
* Research proposal
* Research project.
Options: Five electives chosen from:
* Advanced communications
* Artificial intelligence
* Computer architecture
* Constraint programming
* Databases & internet technology
* Design & evaluation of multimedia systems
* Digital image processing
* Distributed algorithms & systems
* Enterprise computing
* Human computer interaction
* Information retrieval
* IT architecture
* Modeling reactive systems
* Network communications technology
* Real time & embedded systems
* Safety critical systems
* Security & cryptography
* Software engineering processes.
Your electives must include Information retrieval, Design & evaluation of multimedia systems, and either Distributed algorithms & systems or Human computer interaction.