Comments about Innovation and Entrepreneurial Studies for Engineers Master in Science - Postgraduate Diploma - At the institution - Coventry - West Midlands
* Develop a firm understanding of Entrepreneurship in both Small to Medium Enterprises and larger organizations. * Evaluate the process of new product development including the tools and techniques available. * Understand the systematic integrated nature of organization and their impact on the development of business policy and strategy. * Complete the steps required to take an innovative idea from product design and development through to full production understanding how a company manufacture and market an innovative product.
Innovation and Entrepreneurial Studies for Engineers Master in Science / Postgraduate Diploma
This course prepares participants for innovative entrepreneurial roles within organizations of all sizes, in addition it provides them with the tools and techniques to develop and market their own innovative product. The course introduces students to all key aspects of managing a business; whilst providing them with the engineering design and engineering knowledge required to take an idea from concept through to production.
Large-scale manufacturing industry is being replaced by smaller more innovative companies. Recent surveys show that 30 per cent of the workforce is currently running or considering starting their own small business. New ventures are considered vital for the economic growth of a country as the capability for innovation increases employment prospects and market opportunities. These factors ensure that innovation and entrepreneurships are high on the agenda of governments and decision makers across the globe.
* Team Building
* Study Skills & Research Methods
* Basic Computing
* Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Engineers
* Engineering Entrepreneurship
* Manufacturing Strategy
* Product Development Process
* Project Management
* Quality and Environmental Management Systems
* Financial Decision Making and Risk Analysis
* Human Resource Management
* Supply Chain Management
* Study Skills and Research Methods
In addition the student must satisfactorily complete an individual project.