Smart and intelligent textiles and clothing are seen as the future of the textile industry and interest is set to continue to grow as consumer demand provides a greater incentive for innovative textile products.
Intelligent textiles and clothing systems can be defined as those flexible structures and garments that have multifunctional characteristics and that react to exterior or physiological stimuli.
This course is primarily focused towards the technological developments in smart textiles related to developing new products in applications such as personal health monitoring, personal protective equipment, construction, transport and geotextiles.
* Textiles and material structures
* Smart/intelligent textile materials
* Textile systems based on micro/nanotechnologies
* Advanced management issues
* Research methodology – 1
* Engineering the performance and functionality of smart textiles
* Biotechnologies and their applications
* Functional and intelligent applications of colour
* Industrial case studies
* Research methodology – 2