This fantastic course is for those already able to make jewellery and who want to push the level of quality and accuracy achieved. Perhaps you can already make simple items, have completed a Level 2 qualification or short courses, or perhaps you are self-taught and need to professionalise your skills. A specialist technical gold-smithing course this programme will hone and refine your accuracy and technical abilities at the bench covering a range of techniques to see you producing jewellery to an increasingly commercial standard.
What happens on the course?
Through the programme you will be continuously assessed and you will cover the following topics:
· Maintain and prepare the workshop for jewellery activities
· Produce jewellery from details drawings and specifications
· Mark out and measure materials for jewellery manufacture
· Saw and pierce jewellery components
· Form jewellery components
· Join jewellery components by soldering
· Use mechanical methods to join jewellery
· Produce tools or jigs
· Understand and apply concepts of metallurgy to jewellery
· Polish and finish jewellery components to a commercial standards
What do I need to know to take the course?
You must already hold one of our Level 2 qualifications in Jewellery Manufacture or an equivalent or be able to prove that you are competent at making jewellery by hand currently. During your one to one interview you will meet our staff and can ask any questions in order to decide whether this is right for candidates may be asked to complete a bench test to ascertain suitability.
What can I do after the course?
Level 4 Jewellery Manufacture Diploma
Level 3 Contemporary Craft Enterprise Diploma
Level 3 Jewellery Retail Diploma
Level 3 Precious Metals CAD CAM Diploma
Get a job in Jewellery Manufacture
Become self-employed or start a business
A quick introduction to some of our level 2 courses as seen through the eyes of our tutors and students.
Employers, advisors and apprentices from the academy talk about their experiences in working in the jewellery trade while workin
Jack Meyer from the Academy talks about the range of ICCD & CAD courses/diplomas and apprenticeships available at the academy