This programme is designed for students in disciplines related to design, such as architecture, design, geography, town planning, fine art, or from the environmental sciences, such as horticulture, botany, biology, forestry.
Direct entry to the Master's programme requires completion of the Certificate in Landscape Design but is also open to students who have a British or US-style BA Hons Landscape Architecture degree and who choose not to undertake the Diploma in Landscape Architecture. There is a strong element of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) using industry standard software. The dissertation is completed in the last term by flexible learning.
Continental European terms can also be taken after the MA Landscape Architecture to provide an international qualification route for holders of a BA or BSc (in arts and science subjects) who seek to obtain professional qualifications in landscape architecture.
* Information Technology and Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
* Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
* Landscape Engineering
* Landscape Planning
* Landscape Professional Studies
* Urban and Landscape Design Theory
* Design Methodology Dissertaion
* Major thesis design with environmental assessment or design specialisms
* Environmental Art
* Garden Design History
* Advanced Planting Design