MA Creative Entrepreneurship.
Course Type: Postgraduate.
Career Path: Entrepreneurship.
Course Category: MA.
Have you ever had an idea that could form the basis of a new business and that you would like to see succeed at scale in the real world? Designed and delivered by a team of experienced industry-based tutors and mentors, our postgraduate creative entrepreneurship degree will extend and enhance your current knowledge and skills, giving you the edge needed to found a lean creative startup or access a promising career as a creative leader.
Our MA provides you with a “start-up” environment where you can develop an idea into a viable business venture in the creative industries. To benefit fully from the MA you should:
- be an entrepreneurial musician, writer, or technologist with 1 year’s relevant experience and a bachelors degree (2.2 minimum) or 4 years relevant experience and a Level 3+ qualification
- have English language competency equivalent to CEFR Level C1 (7.0 overall, 6.5 in each category). If English is not your first language. More information is available here International Students.
- be able to provide professional references, if applying based on your professional experience.
Send your current CV and a written document of approximately 700 words answering one of the following questions:
- Describe and evaluate an innovation in the creative industries with which you have been involved. Provide a DVD or a web link to the innovation itself. If available, a link to a website or blog that reviews this innovation would also be useful. Identify the genre, audience or market and any other relevant information. Examples could include: developing a new original product, a new service or creating a new experience, platform or network. Explain your own contribution to this innovation and summarise what you learned through your involvement.
- Describe and evaluate your expertise as a Content Creator for the creative industries e.g. composer, songwriter, author, writer, copywriter. If you have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of 12 months expertise. If you do not have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of experience for a period of 3 years. Please provide a DVD or a web link to the creative content itself, and links to any reviews.
- Describe and evaluate your expertise as a Platform developer, programmer or curator and social network developer for the creative industries.If you have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of 12 months expertise. If you do not have a level 6 qualification you should provide evidence of experience for a period of 3 years. Please provide a DVD or a web link to the creative content itself, and links to any reviews.
Our admissions team will invite successful applicants to either a group or individual interview, scheduled throughout the year.
The group interview will consist of:
- Short Collaborations
- Constructive Positive Review
- Career goals
The individual interview will consist of:
- Skills awareness
- Role fluidity
- Learning from experience
- Career goals
Places will be allocated against entry criteria on a first-come, first-served basis.
Course Duration: 1 year.
Campus Based: Yes.
Target Territories: UK, Ireland.
Intake: October 2019