What does this course offer?
- The intellectual tools and techniques to explore and develop your own professional practice
- Access to internationally respected experts who will be available to help you develop creatively
- The support of a personal tutor who will work with you to tailor the course to make your work context the focus of the degree, and to help you solve the professional problems that matter to you
- A community that connects you with other media professionals so that you learn, research and solve problems alongside other people working in the creative industries
- The understanding and confidence to take a lead in identifying, implementing, and communicating solutions to current industry problems and to future threats and opportunities.
Where could this lead to?
This course will help graduates to become creative leaders and initiators of change by developing their intellectual, practical and creative abilities.
Who should do this course?
- The course is designed for those in full-time, part-time or freelance employment within the creative industries who are unable, for personal and career reasons, to attend a traditional full-time mastes course or a one day a week part-time course
We seek to recruit students who have the following profile:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the media industry
- Are in employment or working as a freelance in any media practice creative discipline.
This popular distance learning course
is designed specifically for media professionals who currently work within the creative media industries and have a passion and flare for creative media practice.
Using your career as a platform for e-learning, the MA will help you to become a creative leader and initiator of change in your practice by developing your intellectual, practical and creative abilities through your job.
We welcome applications from media professionals in most creative industries, including:
- Broadcast Media
- Interactive Media.
Aided by the latest online technologies, your tutor will help you tailor this diverse and tested e-learning course around your own unique needs, ensuring that the knowledge and insight you gain is relevant and immediately applicable.
You can also include current work projects as part of your evidence for a postgraduate qualification, giving you greater understanding, ability and confidence to excel within your own role, while increasing the scope of your further career.
The MA Creative Media Practice is run by the award-winning Centre for Excellence in Media Practice (CEMP) within the Bournemouth University’s Media School. Funded by HEFCE, CEMP is the only centre of its kind in the UK and acts as a research, learning and teaching centre for Media. You can find out more information about CEMP’s research and see some projects for yourself on the CEMP website .
Whether your career is in design, journalism, animation PR, marketing, advertising, broadcast or digital media MA Creative Media Practice can help you move onto the next step on your career ladder.