This programme develops advanced level skills related to the design, development and delivery of a media product in the commercial market place. The degree builds on the creative, operational, and/or managerial strengths that you may have gained at undergraduate level in media specific degrees at Sunderland or elsewhere.
The programme will be delivered by industry experienced academic staff and by high profile industry practitioners in the Sony Media Centre, a broadcast standard production and post-production facility.
Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) 60 credits
* The Business of Media Management 1: An Introduction and Individual Business Project
Plus four options from the following:
* Non-Linear Digital Editing
* Writing for Film and Television: An Introduction
* Production Management
* Advanced Camera and Lighting
* Advanced Sound
Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) 60 credits
* The Business of Media Management 2 (Media Marketing and Distribution)
* Practical Mini-Project (Documentary/Drama) which demonstrates a selected practical skill specialisation (e.g. Directing/Writing)
* Critical Essay on a selected Practitioner/Skills area
Masters (MA) 60 credits
* The Business of Media Management 3 (Selling your Product)
* A Major Practical Project
* A Critical Evaluation of the Project and your role within it.
Teaching and Assessment
You will be involved in group production projects in order to develop your individual skills within a collaborative media production context. These projects will be supported by workshops focused on particular equipment and skills, studio sessions, tutorials, seminars, master classes led by distinguished leaders in the media industry, and, where necessary, flexible learning. Assessment is through individual/group work and presentations, essays, and assessment by self, peers and tutors.
On completion of the programme you will have a firm set of applied skills in the areas of production, legal, medial business, media management and marketing, and these will ease your move into the 'real world' of the media.
The University of Sunderland provides access to the full Adobe/Microsoft suite of web/design applications on campus. Under our Education Partnership Agreement, Adobe/Microsoft tools are upgraded every time there is a new release, to ensure that our students have the very latest industry standard versions. Apply now for access to the latest versions of: Adobe/Microsoft (inc. Dream weaver, Flash, Fireworks, Freehand) Director (web content, DVD & CD Rom production tool). Also Authorware, Contribute, Breeze and others., possible customised delivery modes.