Suitable for graduates with experience of working in performance management who now wish to underpin their knowledge with the latest research and enhance their performance management skills.
Takes you on to a career in either academia, by preparing you for a PhD in this area, or in industry, where you will be equipped for more highly specialised performance management roles.
You will be taught by the Centre for Business Performance, which has an international reputation for researching, publishing and teaching the management and measurement of organisational performance.
The Managing Organisational Performance MSc course provides practical and thorough research-grounded knowledge of planning performance outcomes, managing performance, measuring performance and reviewing performance.
The MSc is a part-time modular course, with extensive individual and team project work carried out within organisations.
Students can expect to gain:
* personal development in acquiring a broad, strategic understanding of organisational performance
* an appreciation of the theoretical underpinnings and principles applied to managing organisational performance
* an understanding of the key strategies, structures, processes and challenges involved in managing organisations
* the confidence to contextualise the management of organisational performance, critically to reflect on this and to select appropriate tools and techniques
* the ability to use a wide range of practical skills to plan, manage, measure and review organisational performance
* expertise in developing and implementing research projects to address pertinent organisational performance issues.
The course is comprised of taught modules which are underpinned by a in-company group project and an individual research project, through which students have the opportunity to focus on issues of importance to their own or other leading organisations.
"The course has given me a wide range of perspectives, tools and techniques - supporting me to successfully deal with a variety of performance management issues and challenges.
The interesting mix of professionals from very difference fields makes for an added level of learning - as theories, techniques and ideas are debated and applied to a wide range of fascinating real life situations."
Sarah Warner - General Manager, Cardiology and Paediatrics Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust