Máster in Interaction Design
- Edition: 4th
- Language: English
- Duration: 6 months
- Start Date: January 16th 2020
- Schedule: Monday to Friday from 6.30 pm to 10.40 pm
- Credits: 60*
The Master in Interaction Design
aims to train professionals who aspire to be tomorrow’s digital leaders equipped with the collaborative, critical thinking and technical skills required to react, adapt and leverage the impacts of digital transformation and understand how the digital can be harnessed for strategic design.
The Master provides an environment of creativity, design and technological innovation by focusing on projects through a future lens. It provides students with the skillset and mindset to challenge the status quo and produce well-rounded designers who can work across disciplinary, cultural and geographical boundaries to design solutions addressing future individual, societal and business needs by nurturing curiosity, experimentation, technical skills and critical thinking, as well as empathic, collaborative skills.
The UX Design Module trains future creators of the digital economy, people capable of providing solutions to revolutionise user experience and tomorrow’s communication. Thanks to the collaboration of a partner, the programme is driven by experimentation and innovation alongside solid training in critical design and new business models.
The UI Design Module is focused on the development of the layout and the fine detail of how users interact with a product. With the collaboration of a partner, students working in multidisciplinary teams will solve the challenge given.
The Creative Coding module aims to train future digital economy professionals, versatile individuals with knowledge of designing experiences, mastery of the most versatile programming languages and great entrepreneurial skills.
One of the goals of the module is to train professionals who are able to communicate between disciplines, using technologies to their advantage rather than against.
Under the umbrella of a partner, students create a portfolio based on real briefs, working in multidisciplinary teams and developing technological applications from initial idea to final product.
– To acquire the necessary theoretical and technological knowledge for the digital labour market.
– To develop wide-ranging skills in the design, production and leadership of interactive projects.
– To learn from the major leading companies in the sector.
– To create a broad professional portfolio based on real briefs.
– To access the city’s business and cultural context.
– To master new digital fabrication tools and software.
– To promote efficient, multidisciplinary, collaborative, work.
– To improve communication skills for public presentations.
– To enhance student autonomy through self-assessment and learning by doing.
– To encourage creativity, experimentation and innovation.
The Master is divided into 2 stages, each a module: the first is a cross-cutting stage in which students are taught core skills for disciplines that address future needs, followed by a second specialised stage in which students can further develop their skillsets in the discipline of their choice: Digital Management, Creative Coding, UX/UI Design or Digital Fabrication.
The first stage lays the groundwork for the concepts of interaction design by introducing the basics of the four different course specialisations.
This stage of the Master is structured around a repeated weekly schedule that follows the development phases of a digital service or product (think, design, code, make and inspire), thereby providing balanced training on the cornerstones of the world of creative digital companies.
The second stage of the Master enters into the specialisations and therefore follows a different structure. The students work together on projects on days of crosscutting activities that are divided by specialties when tackling the content of their courses.
The leading companies in the sector and keen on entrepreneurship and innovation in one of the most promising markets.
The programme is aimed at all creators interested in designing interactive experiences, such as:
– Design and communication professionals with a passion for new technologies.
– Designers who want to learn how to program and programmers with UX/UI interests.
– Future entrepreneurs and producers from the digital sector.
– Makers, product designers and digital artists.
– Managers and creatives from the world of advertising and communication.
Depending on the chosen specialisation, possible career positions on graduation include:
– Interface design and user experience positions (UX, UI) in design studios and digital content companies.
– Event producer and project leader in advertising agencies.
– Provider of facilities and interactive experiences for events and congresses.
– Maker sector professionals in fab labs and digital fabrication spaces.
– Creative in communication agencies specialising in technology and new media.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program adopts a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). IED Master only awards its own private degrees.
The aim of the Istituto Europeo di Design is to train youngsters in the fields of Design, Fashion, Visual Communication and Management for Creative Industries, providing them with efficient implements to become capable of responding to the demands of the current professional world. To do so, the school has developed an innovative and diversified didactic methodology, which deals with aspects such as technology and experimentation, expressiveness in messages and integrated communication, along with market problems and new scenarios.