MBA International Business Finance & Accounting
Investing in your future
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September -Berlin: April / October
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Investing in your future
Every successful company has an optimal financing structure and strategy at its foundation. This applies to startups, exporting SMEs and multinational corporations. You will be responsible for providing this foundation as a manager in finance & accounting. You will become an expert in planning, using and controlling financial resources in international companies at the IUBH.
As a specialist in finance and accounting, you will later be responsible for all the financial aspects of a company and handle financial services, accounting and venture capital for global investments. The career opportunities are excellent as recent surveys show a high demand for graduates with excellent English language skills, practical experience and a relevant Master’s degree from an internationally recognised university.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: On Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The International Finance & Accounting Master’s degree programme prepares you specifically for work in the field of globalising financial markets and their direct environment:
How does the course of studies work?
- You develop expertise with regard to the preparation and execution of fiscal decisions in international capital markets.
- You learn how to handle financing options in international capital markets and how to meet international standards.
- You acquire in-depth expertise in investment analysis and portfolio management to optimise the financial performance of companies.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International Finance & Accounting Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
What are my prospects?
An MBA degree in Finance & Accounting makes you a sought-after expert in an industry with a future. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International!
- Risk Manger
- Financial Controller
- Compliance Officer
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Ideal learning environment
For most people who come to us, beginning university means the start of a new phase in their lives. This is why we attach such great importance to the learning atmosphere:
- Small (personal) class sizes
- Modern seminar rooms and professional technology
- Cafés and restaurants directly on the campus (in Bad Honnef)
- Comfortable university halls of residence (in Bad Honnef)
- Wide range of leisure activities thanks to sports teams and societies organised by the students themselves