Are you looking to enhance your career in the Post-Compulsory Education and Training (PCET), adult or community sectors? This new part-time programme develops the skills, knowledge and leadership potential of people who already have some experience, including lecturers, tutors, managers and other professionals.
You can choose between three separate MA routes: Post Compulsory Education and Training, Adult Literacy and Adult Numeracy. The different routes will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the different areas. The route you choose is reflected in the title of your final MA.
The programme begins and ends with the consideration, development and management of teaching and learning. We look to the literature and our experience as a group to deepen our understanding. We then apply our new understandings to the tasks of advancing pedagogic practice and institutional performance.
Our teaching staff have wide knowledge of the area and have presented, or been published, in areas including: policy and its implementation in the skills for life sector, thinking skills in the PCET sector, constructivism and creative teaching, frameworks for thinking, assessment and curriculum design, prison education, limitations of learning styles, mentoring, coaching, peer education, adult literacy and adult numeracy.
Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) 60 credits
* Advancing Pedagogy in Adult Literacy and Language
* Advancing Pedagogy in Adult Numeracy Advancing Pedagogy in Post Compulsory Education and Training
* Advancing Pedagogy through innovation and creative teaching in Adult Literacy
* Adult Numeracy and PCET
* Leadership policy and excellence in practice Contextualising and theorising professional experience (open module)
Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) 60 credits
* Researching Contexts and Pedagogy in Adult Literacy
* Adult Numeracy
* Advancing Pedagogy through Innovation and Creative Teaching in Adult Literacy
* Adult Numeracy - PCET
Masters (MSc) 60 credits
Teaching and Assessment
Assessment is based on course work only. The types of assignment vary from module to module but they include: presentation, written assignment, portfolio, critical review of published work, action research.
This qualification can enhance your career in the Post-Complusory Training and Education sector, as well as in the adult and community sectors.