Comments about MSc Cardiovascular Health and Rehabilitation - At the institution - Chester - Cheshire
This masters programme commenced in 2003 and has grown significantly, now accepting over 20-25 full-time and part-time students per year, including 10-15 international students from worldwide. Students pursue this course to advance their knowledge and skills in the areas of cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular and metabolic health.
The programme is highly flexible, allowing students to study part time to suit personal and work commitments or full time. This is achieved through modules being delivered over three day blocks followed by eight weeks of home based learning.
Why study this course?
* Designed for: healthcare practitioners pursuing postgraduate professional development; or for the newly qualified graduate wishing to gain skills, knowledge and experience towards securing employment in this expanding field of healthcare
* Range of masters level modules, considering a bio-psycho-social approach that cover the BACPR standards and core components for cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation
* Practiced-based experience opportunities with the Countess of Chester Hospital and the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
* Programme delivered by a team of experienced specialists in rehabilitation, medicine, surgery, and lifestyle & health behaviour; includes specialist tutors and speakers from around the UK, who have an international reputation
* Learning and research projects can be applied to related developments in one's own workplace
* There are no formal examinations.
* Cardiovascular Diseases, Risk Factors, Investigations and Treatments (core module)
* Cardiovascular Anatomy and Exercise Physiology (core module)
* Clinical Exercise, Testing, Prescriptionand Programming
* Nutrition and Cardiovascular Health
* Programme Planning and Management
* Cardiovascular Health and Psychology
* Physical Activity and Exercise Programming in the Managament of Cardiovascular Disease (delivered in collaboration with the BACPR; includes BACPR certificates of attendance, books, resources and DVD)
* Advanced Exercise Practice in Cardiac Rehabilitation
* Research Methods and Data Analysis (core module for MSc students)
Other programs related to Rehabilitation Therapy