We designed this course for professional managers who wish to develop their career in the important area of total quality management and organisational excellence.
MSc/PgDip/PgCert Total Quality Management and Organisational Excellence
Flexible attendance allows you to fit your study round your personal commitments, providing you complete stage one in three years and all three stages in six years.
You can choose a generic route, leading to an MSc Total Quality Management and Organisational Excellence, or a specialist route, leading to an MSc Total Quality Management and Organisational Excellence in Health and Social Care. We only offer the specialist health and social care route if there are enough students.
The course is suitable for a wide range of applicants including those
• employed in quality improvement
• seeking up-to-date knowledge of the methods, principles and practice of total quality management and organisational excellence
• responsible for setting up total quality management projects
• working closely with senior colleagues and others to carry out total quality initiatives
It is practical in nature and you gain notable personal management development skills, which bring significant benefits for your organisation.
This course has been awarded a national award for best research in TQM for 2005.
Opportunities are available for MPhil/PhD research in areas of Total Quality Management and Organisational Excellence.
This management development course uses previous and current experience in the quality field. It leads to a University masters degree that significantly improves your career prospects.
Previous graduates have found employment in companies and organisations such as Lloyds TSB, CSC Computer Sciences Corporation and Royal Sun Alliance Insurance Group.
Core modules – stage one
• fundamentals of quality • process and service improvement
Core modules – stage two
• statistical process control and 6 sigma • managing change and innovation • change and innovation in health and social care* • delivering user focused service*
* health and social care specialisms
Two from • assessor training using the ©EFQM Excellence Model* • supply chain management and partnering • understanding and managing variation in health and social care • performance management
Core modules – stage three
• dissertation • research methods
* After successfully completing this module you receive a European Quality Assessor (EQA) certificate. This allows you to train staff in your organisation using the ©EFQM Excellence Model as a management tool.
We hold study schools weekends during the course but they are not compulsory.