Speak without obligation to
Liverpool John Moores University, Faculty of Business and Law
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about MSc Risk Crisis Management - At the institution - Liverpool - Merseyside
Corporate Risk and Crisis Management is now an essential activity in board decision making as lack of such due diligence has been the causeof many corporate failures and charges of criminal liability of individual directors. The dramatic increase in government and international regulation has found many boards seriously lacking in such areas of expertise resulting in considerable demand for such competencies to be introduced at board level. The MSc in Corporate Risk and Crisis Management considers the multidisciplinary nature of risk and realises the need to integrate such appreciations in to the board’s fundamental decision making processes, thereby providing the necessary competencies to take a more comprehensive assessment of the consequence of business actions. From this board can develop the competencies and capabilities to both manage risk and minimize the impact of crisis.
The programme is particularly relevant for those who wish to specialise in the field of risk and crisis management and gain a greater understanding of appropriate concepts, techniques and best practice of addressing risk and uncertainty in order to not only maintain business continuity but to enable organisations to grow and prosper based on appropriate morale and ethical business practices. The programme will also be of great benefit to those wishing to gain a sound understanding of the duties and responsibilities facing all members of the board and how they can proactively manage their and their organisations obligations in an ever increasing environment of regulatory duties and controls.
MSc Risk Crisis Management
Structure of the MSc Programme
The MSc in Risk and Crisis Management consists of 6 taught (blocks) component covering two academic semesters during which you attend lectures, tutorials, guest speaker events and workshops coupled with directed reading.
Successful completion of the taught component allows you to move onto the dissertation stage, where you are required to write a 15,000 word research based dissertation on a subject in which you have developed an interest during the programme.
Simultaneously, you will undertake a short module in research methods in order to prepare for the final dissertation stage and to further develop your important research skills; this will be linked to our group-handrail facility and is one of the unique elements in the programme, providing a dynamic and invigorating support system for individuals.
The award is made up of three taught strands comprising of three (3) fundamental modules two (2) Boardroom Common Core modules and one (1) Specialist Route option.
STRAND ONE - THE FUNDAMENTALS: COMPRISE OF
1. Entrepreneurial Leadership; which is designed to enable you to critically examine your personal capabilities in context to leadership and management styles and clear identification of your personal development needs.
2. Financial Management; provides you with an understanding of financial management techniques including the development of business planning within an enterprise to support effective decision making.
3. Strategic Management; enables you to examine the strategic planning process; conduct risk evaluations and identification of critical success factors (CSF) to ensure effective business performance.
STRANDTWO - THE BOARDROOM COMMON CORE: COMPRISE OF
4. The Board and Good Governance; allows you to critically evaluate the legal duties of directors and the board and considers essential differences between the directors, managers, and owners of a business.
5. Corporate Stakeholder and Engagement Management; enables you to evaluate essential differences, issues and complex relationships between organisations and diverse stakeholder groups including clients, customers and employees.
STRANDTHREE - THE SPECIALIST ROUTE: COMPRISE OF
6. Risk and Crisis Management; module provides you with the knowledge; understanding and critical awareness of different perspectives of the corporation and its relationship with stakeholders and the management of risk and crisis impacting on these groups.