The Level 2 BTEC Award in Team Leading is designed to provide:
- education and training for those in management or other sectors with a responsibility for team leading
- opportunities for personnel in management or other sector-specific industry to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 vocationally related qualification
- the knowledge, understanding and skills learners need to become team leaders
- opportunities for learners to focus on the development of the major key skills and the wider key skills in a team leading context, such as improving own learning and performance, working with others and problem solving
- opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.