Comments about Visual Art and Communication, BA Hons (BA Top Up) - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
* To provide a strong educational foundation for a range of creative, technical and management careers related to art and communication * To enable the student to develop a range of skills, techniques and critical self-awareness essential for successful performance in professional working life and further study * To foster independent learning and an enquiring, analytical approach
Entry requirements Standard university entry requirements apply Merit profile from a relevant BTEC HND or equivalent. Entry relies on a good portfolio and all applicants are interviewed. Mature students are welcome to apply
Visual Art and Communication, BA Hons (BA Top Up)
This top-up degree programme is designed for students who have successfully completed an HND in fine art or graphic design and advertising and who intend to pursue careers in the art and design sectors. Completing the programme will give students the skills and knowledge to progress to national employment in various sectors relating to art and design or to continue their studies to, for example, postgraduate level.
Trips in the UK and abroad are arranged to enrich students’ cultural appreciation; there are visits to galleries housing historical and contemporary collections and to attend artists’ talks, these incur additional costs.
The programme is designed for students who have a strong interest in participating in creative artistic production within a group that offers a diverse range of backgrounds and interests. They will have full access to a teaching team with a wide base of knowledge, including industry practitioners and guest lecturers.
* Practical and Theoretical Skills in HE
* Independent Studio Practice in Context
* Project Management in Response to a Commission or Client Brief
* The Gallery/Museum Environment
* Contemporary Specialist Practice in Public Spaces
* Visual Art and Communication Contemporary Practice
* Professional Practice and Production/Exhibition
* Research Methodology
* Final Research Project
Employment as a professional practicing graphic designer or artist, working in a range of sectors and industries related to art and graphic design such as advertising, media and teaching. Many individuals working in the art and graphic design fields are self-employed and this programme aims to prepare students for the business environment.
Students could also progress to postgraduate study.