Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Early Childhood Studies - At the institution - London - Greater London
This vocational part-time course equips you to reflect on your practice, to act as an advocate for the rights of young children and understand the importance of issues of equality and diversity and their impact on young children. Designed for those who work with young children, the course includes childrens development and early learning, the policy and legal framework for early childhood provision, and cultural and historical perspectives on early childhood.
You should have at least three years full-time experience (or equivalent) of working with children from 08 years of age and their families, including some experience of working in a group setting. All students are interviewed (telephone interviews for distance-learning students). In the future, you may be asked to undertake a written test to help us identify your learning needs.
BA Early Childhood Studies
The course consists of eight modules at each of three levels. You can take up to six modules a year.
* Play and Learning I & II
* Aspects of Health Promotion
* Child Development and Observation I & II
* Early Years Provision: Principles and Practice
* Study Skills
* Working with Parents and Carers
* Investigations and Problem-solving
* Special Educational Needs
* The Child in the Social Context
* Young Childrens Personal and Cultural Development
* Young Childrens Symbolic Behaviour
* Learning Language in a Multicultural Context
* Pedagogy and Curriculum
* Assessing and Observing Children and Families
* Beyond the Nursery Garden
* Challenges and Responsibilities in Management of Early Childhood Education
* Equality and Diversity
* Perspectives on Early Childhood
* Care and Education
* The Project