Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Insurance - At the institution - London - Greater London
This is the only degree of its kind to attract full exemption from the Associateship exams of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) (if you are taking the 4 year sandwich Single Honours course). This multidisciplinary course focuses on the study of insurance in an integrated and international framework and examines its development and significance today. There is a strong emphasis on theoretical knowledge and how this can be applied practically.
You should have 160-200 points, including at least 140 from two or more A-levels. English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) are also required. These requirements may be varied in individual cases.
Single Honours students take eight modules at each of three levels. Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in Insurance, plus four from your other subject.
* Introduction to Insurance
* Accounting for Business
* An Introduction to IT for Financial Services
* Quantitative Methods for Financial Services
* Introduction to Law for Financial Services
* Academic Skills for Financial Services
* Banking and International Banking Systems
* Commercial Insurance
* Risk Analysis and Control
* Risk Financing
* Financial Analysis
* The European Union: Economic and Financial Aspects
* IT for Financial Services
* International Insurance Law
* Investment Analysis