Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Labour & Trade Union Studies - At the institution - London - Greater London
This unique course uses the expertise of staff in London Mets Centre for Trade Union Studies and Working Lives Research Institute and the resources of the TUC Library Collections and The Womens Library. It has been developed in partnership with trade unions and will appeal not just to those with an academic interest in the subject but also to those with experience of trade unions, whether as a member, representative or official, or those who might be considering a career in trade unions.
Applications are welcome from mature students and those without formal academic qualifications but who have attended relevant trade union and other courses and can demonstrate experience and knowledge of the subject.
BA Labour & Trade Union Studies
You study eight modules at each level.
* Workplace Industrial Relations
* Health and Work
* Law and Employment Rights
* Context of Workplace Bargaining
* Industrial Relations and Collective Bargaining
* Equal Opportunities
* British Labour History
* Trade Unions and the Environment
* Early Trade Union Formations 1780-1867
* Technology and Change at Work
* Political Economy II
* European Labour Movement
* Global Political Economy
* Women in the Labour Movement II
* Race, Anti-racism and the Black Presence
* European Labour History
* Trade Unions in the Public Sector
* Coming of Age 1867-1939
* Researching the Labour Movement