This course is suitable for complete beginners as well as students with some experience wishing to extend their skills., The course focuses on the basic skills for pen and brush work, what tools and materials to use, different fonts including italic and foundational. Students will be encouraged to develop individual projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- use appropriate tools safely
- use pen and brushes correctly
- use different fonts including italic and foundation
- employ the basic principles of design using the written word for invitations, poetry, prose, greeting cards, decorative plaques.
- More experienced students will learn how to incorporate colour and illustration in their work.
A workshop basis with some group tuition on topics, practical demonstrations and one to one support from your tutor on your practical work.
All students have access to our fully equipped, state-of-the-art Learning Centres.
Teacher’s feedback. Individual learning plans. Student and peer self-assessment. A completed piece of calligraphy work.
Continue onto a higher level course.