Comments about Course - CYQ Advanced Certificate in Fitness Instruction - At the institution - Westminster - Greater London
Candidates must be over 18 years of age. Candidates must also hold a current CYQ level 2 Certificate in fitness instructing or equivalent (this will be required before you can be accepted onto the course).
CYQ Advanced Certificate in Fitness Instruction
What does it include?
Programmes will be developed using periodised methods of planning and may cover any or a combination of the following types of training:
- Core stability
- Motor skills
As part of the underpinning knowledge you will be required to demonstrate an understanding of the following areas:
- Advanced exercise and fitness knowledge; covering bones and joints, muscles and muscle actions, nervous systems, core stability, principles of progressive training and professionalism.
- How to plan a safe and effective progressive programme
- How to instruct a safe and effective progressive programme
- How to evaluate a safe and effective progressive programme
Where does it lead?
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a level 3 Advanced Instructor. Completion of this course can lead to employment as an advanced gym instructor/exercise specialist or personal trainer. Natural opportunities for progression could be entry to the following CYQ Qualifications:
- CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral for Clients with Specific Controlled Conditions