What does the course lead to?
Successful completion leads to a NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing, with the opportunity to gain employment as a stylist/senior stylist, working in related industries such as salons, cruise ships, hotels, department stores, hospitals, health and fitness centres. Specialist technician roles, such as product companies like Goldwell, Wella and L’Oreal or within Hairdressing colleges, training centres. NVQ level 3 is a requirement for anyone considering on becoming a teacher and assessor in the hairdressing industry.
What does the course involve?
This course is aimed at hairdressers who have completed NVQ level 2 and are currently working in the industry. The objectives are to further develop individual creative practical skills, as well as an insightful approach to management and marketing hairdressing salons.
This course covers 9 units which include:
Mandatory Units (All four units that must be taken)
* Provide Consultation services
* Ensure your actions reduce risks to Health & Safety
* Create a variety of looks using a combination of Cutting Techniques
* Promote additional products and services to clients
Non mandatory units (Five units from this group may be chosen with support from tutor)
* Develop and Enhance Creative Hairdressing Skills
* Provide Colour correction services
* Colour hair using a variety of colour techniques
* Provide hair extensions services
* Planning and implementation of promotional activities of the business
* Creative styling and dressing hair
* Style and dress long hair
* Provide Indian massage
* Contribute to customer services improvement
* Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the bussines