Comments about Course - NVQ 2 Teaching/Classroom Assistant - At the institution - Westminster - Greater London
People who work or volunteer in a school as a teaching assistant without a formal qualification. To be employed or be a volunteer in a school for 16 hours or more each week. To be released during working hours for 3 hours per week. To be eligible for Train to Gain funding you must not already hold a level 2 or higher qualification. You must also have a good standard of spoken and written English and Maths.
NVQ 2 Teaching/Classroom Assistant
What does it include?
The course includes 5 Mandatory units:
- Help with classroom resources and records
- Contribute to positive relationships
- Support childrens development
- Provide support for learning activities
- Provide effective support for your colleagues
You will also study 2 from a list of optional units including:
- Support literacy and numeracy activities in the classroom
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour
- Support the maintenance of pupil safety and security
- Contribute to the health and well-being of pupils
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom
Where does it lead?
This course leads to a nationally recognised qualification. Students may progress to the NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant course.
How will I be assessed?
There are no exams. You need to produce a portfolio of evidence showing that you have the skills, understanding and knowledge to meet national standards. The evidence will be records of observations of your performance at work, discussions about your work duties and work products, reflective accounts and assignments.