The programme aims to enable experienced professionals in schools, colleges and local education authorities, who have a commitment to their ontinued professional development and improved practice, to gain formal recognition of their skills. The programme is underpinned by the concepts of the 'Educator as a Reflective Practitioner' and the 'Educator as a Researcher', enabling practitioners to examine theory, interrogate and reflect on practice and create new knowledge.
Students may make a claim for the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL/APEL) for National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH), Advanced Skills Practice or other professional development awards within their field. The MA is currently taught in Utrecht (The Netherlands), five satellite locations in schools and local authorities in London, Essex and the south-east and at the University of Greenwich.
* Research Methods
* Research Project
Three options chosen from:
* Strategic Management, Leadership and Change in Education
* Institutional Improvement and Effectiveness
* Flexible Learning in Post-compulsory Education and Training
* e-Learning Policy and Practices
* Lifelong Learning Policy and Practice
* Working Together in the Early Years: Policy and Practice in a Multi-professional Field
* Special Educational Needs: Access and Entitlement
* Independent Study
* Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL/APEL)