Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Education Studies - At the institution - London - Greater London
London Metropolitan University is one of the largest providers of undergraduate part-time education courses in the UK. This focused course, which can be taken either full-time or part-time, provides a general introduction to the primary school curriculum, specific features of the secondary and further education curriculum, sociological and cultural approaches to the study of education, the history of education and current educational policy issues. Many students progress to a PGCE.
You should have 160 points from at least two or more A-levels. These requirements may be varied in individual cases.
BA Education Studies
Single Honours involves eight modules at each of three levels. Joint Honours involves four modules in Education Studies and four in your other subject. You may also choose a Major/Minor combination after level 1.
* Introduction to the Study of Education I & II
* Academic Literacies in Education Studies
* Agencies of Education
* Introduction to the Study of Language
* Perspectives on Curriculum and Knowledge
* Reading Educational Research I & II
* Children and Television
* Educational Perspectives on Citizenship
* History and Practice of Childrens Art Education
* Diversity and Literature
* Orality and Literacy
* Science, Cognition and Learning
* Inclusive Education
* Urban Education
* Virtual Classroom
* Final Year Project (double)
* Diversity and Language Education I & II
* Education and Contemporary Cultural Studies
* Linguistic Diversity and Language Education
* Media Education
* Popular Music, Youth and Education