The Erasmus Mundus Global Journalism Master's brings together five leading European institutions in journalism and media education, combining the best academic research and teaching from the participating universities. A broad range of national and international guest lecturers from media and research institutions are brought into the programme.
You will study in three European countries:
* the first year is spend in Denmark (one semester) and the Netherlands (one semester)
* the second year is spent either at City University London, or at the University of Swansea (Wales) or Hamburg University (Germany)
* we are currently in discussion with UTS Sydney (Australia), UC Berkeley (USA) and Universidad Catolica in Santiago (Chile) to set up funded summer school places starting in summer 2008
Students have the option to specialise in Business and Finance Journalism (at City), War and Conflict (at Swansea), or Media and Public Spheres (at Hamburg).
Students from the 2006/7 Business and Finance Journalism specialism are currently working for companies including Thomson Financial News (London) and Dow Jones Newswires (London).
Year 1, Semester 1 (Danish School of Journalism)
* Globalisation: Reporting global change
* Globalisation and the transformation of the state
* Globalisation, culture and the roles of the media
Year 1, Semester 2 (University of Amsterdam)
* Journalism and cultural diversity
* Entertaining the citizen
* The politics of news
Year 2, Semester 1 (City University London)
* Global Political Economy
* World of Financial Journalism
* World of Business
Year 2, Semester 2 (City University London)