The events industry is a dynamic and rapidly growing sector, incorporating both the commercial and creative aspects of business.
As increasing numbers of organisations invest in live communications to create experiences for customers, inspire and motivate employees and develop meaningful messages for brands, we have seen an increasing 'professionalisation' of the events industry, including development of the skill sets and education of its people.
With London appointed to host the 2012 Olympics, what better place to study this diverse and fascinating subject, all within the grounds of a World Heritage Site?
The University of Greenwich and its soon to be established London Centre of Events Management (LCEM) works closely with a variety of events-related organisations, both locally and throughout London, to provide real world experience and practical training.
Many aspects of the events sector are covered on the programme, delivered by a combination of practitioners and accomplished academics with varied experience across all aspects of events.
* Event Management Strategy
* Integrated Marketing Communications
* Foundations of Scholarship (Research Methods)
* Corporate Events Management and Public Relations
* Music, Heritage and Sporting Events
* Financial Management
* International Events Management
* Consultancy and 'Pitch' Skills
* Understanding and Managing Audiences
* subject to validation