Hopi Ear Candling, or Thermo-auricular Therapy, is an ancient and natural therapy, which has been handed down through many civilisations, including the Greeks, Aztecs and Egyptians.
However, it is from the Native American Hopi people that it has come to the Western world and into modern Complementary/Holistic Therapies.
This very popular therapy was used in ancient times for cleansing, purifying and healing on a spiritual level, but today it is known for its more physical benefits in treating ear and sinus problems.
The practice is safe, non-invasive and very enjoyable.
The candle itself is made from natural ingredients – usually beeswax and natural herbs and sometimes pure essential oils are added to achieve specific therapeutic results.
The procedure is comfortable and soothing.
Clients receiving Hopi treatment often fall asleep and it has a relaxing, calming effect on the whole body and mind.
The candles work on a ‘chimney’ principle, drawing up impurities from within the ear. The rising air also has the effect of giving the eardrum a gentle deep massage, which helps to regulate pressure throughout the ear and surrounding areas.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email.
We will send the full course out by courier which is in paper format in a ring binder, we suggest students read through the course at their own time and complete the assignments which you can then send to your tutor for marking.
Can I join any organisations on completion?
Yes, You can join the International College of Holistic Medicine.
You will receive full tutor support by e-mail and post for the duration of the course. To complete this course it will take in the region of 100 study hours which can be spread over a 12 month period to suit the student.
You can send your assignments in by either e-mail or post for marking. There is no word count however you do have to prove to your tutor that you have fully understood the question asked.
Subjects included in the Course:
- What is Hopi Candling?
- How Does it Work?
- What does a Hopi Therapist do?
- History of Hopi.
- Ingredients of the Candles.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Ear.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Head.
- Contraindications to Candling.
- The Consultation Process.
- Pre-treatment Preparation.
- The Hopi Treatment.
- The Massage Routine.
- The Importance of Aftercare.
- Treatment Formulations.
- Problems that Hopi Can be Used for.
- Other Holistic Treatments that Can be Used with Hopi.
- Ear Wax.
- Ear Problems.
- Conventional Treatments.
- Working with Clients.
- The First Meeting.
- Creating the Right Professional Conditions and Workspace.
- The Hopi Therapist’s Clinic.
- Establishing the Working Relationship.
- Ethics and Legalities.
- Client Confidentiality.
- The Consultation Process.
- Maintaining Records.
- Data Protection and Disclosure.
- Running a Therapy Practice.
- Finding Premises Versus Working from Home.
- The Law and You.
- Finding Clients.
- Working with Private Clients.
- Working with Corporate and Public Sector Clients.
- Expanding your Business.
- Continuing Professional Development.
The course comes complete with lesson tests, exam paper, and case studies from a real Hopi Practice, reading list and supplements including all documentation required for a successful Hopi Practice.