Master International Management: International Human Resource Management
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with HR expertise
Whether you are an HR officer for a market-leading corporate group, a consultant in an international management consultancy, a talent acquisition specialist for an emerging technology developer or an HR generalist for a fashion label: HR management is increasingly becoming a key strategic factor for the success of international companies, even at the top management level.
To prepare you thoroughly for a successful career in this area, we provide you with important specialist knowledge in human resources as well as advanced expertise in corporate strategic and operational thinking. A wide range of responsibilities in an exciting environment await you after graduation.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Bad Honnef, Berlin
full time: 2 semesters
placement test if necessary,
proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
A degree within a year
When you pursue our two-semester Human Resource Management programme, you will focus on subject-specific skills and receive your Master’s degree after just one year.
Studying in Berlin
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
More information about this programme
What will I learn during my studies? What career opportunities will I have after graduation? And do I have everything I need to study at IUBH? You will find answers to these and other questions on the following pages.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for different management roles with a focus on Human Resource Management:
How does the course of studies work?
- You learn the basics of strategic HR management.
- You discuss personnel development measures as well as international and multinational concepts for leadership and motivation.
- And you compare international approaches in HR management and expand your knowledge of other research topics
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
- If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
Ideal learning environment
For most people who come to us, beginning university means the start of a new phase in their lives. This is why we attach such great importance to the learning atmosphere:
- small (personal) class sizes
- modern seminar rooms and professional technology
- cafés and restaurants directly on the campus (in Bad Honnef)
- comfortable university halls of residence (in Bad Honnef)
- wide range of leisure activities thanks to sports teams and societies organised by the students themselves