It covers the relevant skills, software and hardware technologies as well as more theoretical studies that underpin everyday practice. It will, in addition, ensure that students have a basic understanding of the legal, regulatory requirements, and international standards requirements, pertaining to computer security in different nations.
Students will gain an understanding of the threats to networks, information systems and servers of businesses. They will learn to administer and manage business critical distributed applications and configure relevant security options. They will be exposed to industry standard software and hardware systems for security management.
There will be hands-on training in current industry standard tools for implementing security - access control, authentication, encryption, key management and other aspects. Graduates will therefore be able to contribute quickly to the well-being of corporate IT and informational assets.
* Operating System and Application Server Security
* Computer Security and Risk Management
* Network Security
* Information, Security and Control
* Network Management
* Project and dissertation - A substantial individual project on a topic chosen by the student, in the field of network security
Three chosen from:
* Audit and Security
* Computer Crime and Forensics
* Advanced Network Technologies *
* Mobile Technologies *
* Mobile Application Development *
* E-Business Applications
* Web Engineering
* Software Engineering Management
* Negotiable option; prerequisite knowledge required. Please consult course tutor before selecting.
Careers in computer security and systems security