This programme prepares you for a first job in newspaper journalism. It is continually updated and modified to meet the needs of employers.
The programme offers a thorough grounding in the best practices of professional journalism. It delivers knowledge and skills, and nurtures a concern for the highest journalistic standards.
The programme will give you the professional education necessary to:
* start or resume a career in journalism
* develop skills in reporting, interviewing, writing, editing, research and newspaper production
* reflect critically on the legal, ethical and societal responsibilities of journalists
* put that knowledge into the context of a competitive and vibrant industry.
* Journalism Practice
* Journalism and Society 1
* Journalism and Society 2
* Media Law
* Structure of Government
* Online Journalism
* Editorial Production for Newspapers
* MA Project
Students successfully completing eight modules will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma. Those successfully completing eight modules and the MA Project (an in-depth dissertation based on both practice and research), will be awarded an MA.