Speak without obligation to
Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy (Make-Up Route) Course - At the institution - Bromley - Greater London
Entry requirements Four GCSEs Grades A-D to include Maths, English and two other. Or NVQ Level 1 in Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy. 5 days work experience in a beauty salon, or alternatively attendance on a course taster day, is also required. We welcome candidates with previous on going salon experience, this can be discussed at the initial presentation.
NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy (Make-Up Route)
This course is designed for study as a full-time course for students wishing to:
Gain a qualification to practice in the beauty therapy industry along the cosmetic make up route Add to their existing qualifications Update their beauty therapy qualifications
Core Mandatory units:
* G1 Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
* G6 Promote additional products or services to clients
* G8 Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
* BT4 Improve and maintain facial skin condition
* BT9 Provide make-up treatment.
* BT10 Plan & promote make-up activities
* BT11 Enhance the appearence of eyebrows & lashes.
Plus one additional unit (TBA).
Teaching and assessment
Classroom based sessions to deliver the Anatomy & Physiology and theory areas of the qualification. Students follow workbooks to cover the main areas of the qualification,written assignments to cover the core units and written papers for mandatory practical units.
Practical sessions involve training and practice on other students within the group, moving on to clients working in a realistic commercial working environment.
Home study will be required to complete this course (aprox 6hrs a week).
This course will offer you progression to:
* Level 3 Beauty Therapy
* Continue with training and/or employment
* Be employed as a beauty therapist specialising in make-up within a salon
* Progression to a specialised make-up school to complete TV and film make-up
* Employment with a cosmetic house.